Join us for an afternoon discussing important topics in Northern Virginia’s autism community. Lucy Beadnell, Director of Advocacy for the Arc of Northern Virginia, is a Leadership Center for Excellence 40 under 40 2018honoree. She has been recognized as an emerging leader under the age of 40 who has demonstrated impact personally and/or professionally through exceptional leadership in the DC metropolitan region. Her advocacy priorities include:
• Addressing the Priority 1 urgent waiver waiting list
• Furthering inclusive education
• Ensuring waiver rates provide a living wage for direct support professionals
• Continuing to defer enrollment of DD waiver services into managed care
• Fulfilling the commitment to close training centers
Ms. Beadnell will present a brief overview of local and government services to include:
1) Medicaid Waivers
2) Community Services Board
3) The Arc’s services and advocacy efforts
Lucy will be available for questions following her presentation and will welcome questions outside of her agenda. She will have some related literature on hand and will follow up via email with any supplemental information needed.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO CHILDCARE PROVIDED AT THIS MEETING.